In today’s world, we all have an ever-increasing responsibility to take care of our environment. EZ Dock’s innovative system is purpose-built to be an eco-friendly alternative to wood and foam-filled docks, which can release harmful substances into their natural surroundings.
Environmentally Friendly & Recyclable
Our floating, modular dock systems are composed of two parts: polyethylene sections and molded rubber couplers. Both components are made from materials that are harmless to the environment and recyclable. In addition, EZ Dock modular sections and boat and PWC lifts offer the following environmentally-friendly benefits:
- Manufactured with high-performance, general-purpose, UV-stabilized, rotational molding grade resins. (These resins offer a balance of toughness, rigidity, environmental stress crack-resistance, and low-temperature impact performance.)*
- Suitable for processing by an approved recycling facility, or can be disposed of at any U.S. government-approved waste disposal facility.*
- Not listed by the EPA as a hazardous waste, nor is it formulated to contain materials that are listed hazardous wastes.*
- Does not release contaminants when ignited, corroded or through chemical reactions as determined by the Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP).
- Requires no foam filling. Many similar products are filled with foam which can escape if the product is punctured, creating an environmental hazard.
- Uses no wood products, which could be treated with copper, chromium or arsenic (CCA). (Products that contain CCA can no longer be placed where they are directly in contact with water)
- Made from 90% pre/post consumer waste recycled rubber, our flexible connection coupler was designed in partnership with the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency to be an environmentally friendly product.