Having a waterfront property is a great joy. If you happen to love boating, we suggest you think about getting a dock. It will be an incredible investment and offer you the convenience of having this huge platform that will be the resting place for your boat and part central.
It can be a little difficult to decide what type of dock to install when you are not family with the cost. Each dock has different price points that are based on several factors. The following is a short guide on dock costing that will give you an idea of how much you will have to shell out of your pocket for a stationary or floating dock:
Your dock’s cost majorly depends on the decking materials, type and shape of the dock, and how difficult it is to install. Primarily, a dock is priced according to its size.
- You have a floating dock and a softwood deck on the low end. A dock 120 sq ft long will cost you $1,800*.
- The average cost of a stationary dock in an L shape made with wood and a cedar deck will cost $15,000* for 360 sq ft.
- On the high end, a large cantilevered dock with a composite deck will cost around $65,000*.
Let’s look at the factors that make up the pricing:
The average cost of floating docks is between $15/sq ft* and $35/sq ft* US. On the lower end, you have kits that need to be assembled. On the higher end, kits come with an instruction manual that layout the installation process step by step.
Here’s how the pricing of a dock will differ based on its square footage*:
- 120 sq ft: $1,800* to $4,800*
- 150 sq ft: $2,250* to $6,000*
- 180 sq ft: $2,700* to $7,200*
- 210 sq ft: $3,150* to $8,400*
- 240 sq ft: $3,600* to $9,600*
- 300 sq ft: $4,500* to $12,000*
- 360 sq ft: $5,400* to $14,000*
- 420 sq ft: $6,300* to $16,800*
- 480 sq ft: $7,200* to $19,200*
- 540 sq ft: $8,100* to $21,600*
The average cost of piling docks is between $20/sq ft* and $40/sq ft*; this also includes the installation cost. If you make any additions to the dock, such as lifts or rails, the price will rise to $60/sq ft.
The average cost of a pre-assembled and small pipe dock is between $1,000/sq ft* and $2,000/sq ft*. This cost does not include installation and delivery costs.
The average cost of a small stationary dock is $5,000*. Standard sizes cost around $10,000* or more.
Most people get a boat lift for ease if they are boating beginners. The boat lift will cost you an additional $5,000*.
The five factors that affect your dock’s cost include:
- Configuration: The bigger the dock, the more material will be required to build it. Complex configurations will cost more in labor.
- Decking: The dock’s top material is called decking, which comes in different materials and price tags.
- Groundwork: All will incur extra costs, from foundation digging to leveling and landscaping.
- Permits: Are you legally allowed to build a dock? Get a permit based on your state’s rules and regulations.
- Type: You have a stationary dock, floating dock, pipe dock, and piling dock at different price points. Which one will you choose?
Need an exact quote on an EZ Dock, dock for your property? Visit the Nor Col EZ Dock website for quality floating docks. The company also offers do-it-yourself docks, covered floating docks, plastic docks, kayak launches, etc. For a quote and more information, call (800) 654-8168.
*The costs listed above are generalizations based on May 2022 and are for entertainment purposes and are not actual EZ Dock product or install costs. See the dealer for details or request a quote for a specific cost estimate.